This course has been created to help those who are involved or are likely to be involved in the process of negotiation. It will help the participants deliver successful negotiated outcomes.
This course is highly interactive and involves a number of generic negotiation scenarios. Some of these involve a role approach. The course provides a structured methodology to the negotiation process. The participants are taught a range of strategies to adopt in any given negotiation situation. Including, how to establish the strengths and weaknesses of the other party.
This course will cover the following areas:
- The concept of negotiating
- Negotiation in a win-win environment
- Difference between negotiating and selling
- Individual behaviours, their effects and the situations in which they are most relevant and powerful
- The generic negotiation process
- The concept of power in a negotiation
- Verbal behaviour, its role and to be able to differentiate good from bad
- Hostile negotiation strategies and how to defend against them
After the course the Participant should be able to:
- Define the goals of your negotiation
- Plan and prepare for the delivery of a successful negotiation
- Understand the need for developing best alternative to a negotiated agreement (BATNA)
- Understand the importance of a win-win approach for future business
- Appreciate the human factors in play during negotiation
- Recognise common negotiation tactics and how to deal with them
First Floor, Al- Zahra Building, Ghala, Sultanate of Oman.