Human Resource Management
- Develop the knowledge, skills and concepts needed to resolve actual human resource management problems or issues.
- Manage the employment relationship, which is a shared responsibility between employers, management, human resources specialists, and employees.
- Identify the human resources needs of an organization or department.
- Conduct a job analysis and produce a job description from the job analysis.
- Evaluate the procedures and practices used for recruiting and selecting suitable employees.
- Assess training requirements and design a successful orientation and training program.
- Explain the responsibilities of management, HRM specialists, managers, and employees in managing the employment relationship in a unionized or a non-unionized environment.
- Provide an understanding as to how to effectively manage changes in an organisation
- Discuss strategies in HR Development and how it relates to the day to day functioning of the organisation
Need for Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Management-Roles and Responsibilities
- The Changing Role of HRM and Growing Professionalism within the HR Function
- HRM Challenges in the Twenty-First Century
- Legal issues in HRM
Matching HR Needs & People
- Job Design
- Job Analysis
- Human Resources Planning
- Understanding a Shifting Labour Market
- Employee Orientation and Socialization
- Training and Development
- Performance Management
- HR’s Role in Setting a Climate for People Development
Compensation & Recognition
- Employee Compensation
- Incentives and Rewards
- Employee Benefits and Services
- Trends in Compensation and Benefits
Recruitment & Selection
- Recruitment Strategies
- Processes for Selecting the Best Candidate
- Legal Issues Related to Recruitment and Selection
Managing Change in Organisation
- Understanding change
- Levels of change
- Leadership and role of the change agent
- The process of organizational change
- Organisational development and change
- Organisational transformation and change
- Change in a chaotic and unpredictable environment
Strategic Human resource Management
- Strategy and the process of strategic management
- Strategic HRM: “best fit” or “best practice”?
- Strategic HRM and sustained competitive advantage
- Linking HR system to organizational performance
- HR strategy and industry dynamics
- Strategic HR planning
First Floor, Al- Zahra Building, Ghala, Sultanate of Oman.